Sorry about the delay in posting here. I’ve been held up by the EXTREME drying time that the KAOSS Pad project is taking, due to an error of mine. You see, I applied my lacquer coats MUCH too quickly, and without giving each layer enough time to dry before the next coat. The problem here is that the entire body has to now dry from the inside out.
A word of advice, apply no more than three coats of lacquer per day, allowing 1 to 2 hours of dry time in between each coat. TRUST ME, you will be glad you did this.
In the meantime, what do you think of the mockup of the new project I’ll be starting, as soon as my materials arrive:
Here are the specs:
- 7 String solidbody guitar
- Solid white lacquer finish on the headstock and body
- Black and red stripes
- Clean ebony (black) fretboard with no inlays or fret markers (24 jumbo frets)
- Black chrome hardware
- Dimarzio Evolution pickup in the bridge position (cutting with clear definition)
- Dimarzio Blaze pickup in the neck position (warm)
- 7 String Floyd Rose recessed locking tremolo
- Three way pickup selector toggle switch
- Red momentary pushbutton that serves as a killswitch (for stutter effects similar to Rage Against the Machine) – I’m thinking this is going to be LED illuminated.
This build (hopefully) will be much more straightforward, and should only take 2 to 3 weeks to complete.